This salad recipe is healthy eater’s dream. It is easy to make with available ingredients. It is high in protein, full of fibers, healthy fats and other important nutrients. I added dried cranberry & pomegranate to have juicy, sweet & sour taste to it. All these ingredients makes it a flavorful satisfying salad and equally light lunch. Make it a meal in itself by adding grilled cottage cheese steaks or herb rice to the platter or serve it alongside with main course.
Serving: Prepare portion according to the course of the meal.
Require: Large mixing bowl
I used 3 cups of cooked quinoa.
Other ingredients and it’s quantities are as per individual taste and availability. I used – avocado, finely chopped tomato, red green yellow bell pepper, fresh basil leaves, fresh mint leaves, dried cranberry & pomegranate.
Dressing: 2 tablespoons vinaigrette for 3 cups of quinoa or adjust as per taste. Make extra and store
Ingredients for vinaigrette:
- Lemon juice – 3 tablespoons
- Honey – 1 tablespoons
- Sugar – 1 teaspoon
- Olive oil – 1 tablespoon
- Paprika – 1 teaspoon or as per taste
- Pepper – 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt as per taste
Whisk all the ingredients together and store in refrigerator.
- Cook quinoa as per the instruction given on the box
- Mix all the ingredients softly in a large bowl. Keep it in refrigerator and toss vinaigrette just before serving. Garnish with mint leaves and pomegranate
Tips & Tricks:
- Serve cold
- Garnishing is important as it gives colorful appearance to the salad
- Garnishing with finely chopped almonds gives crunchiness to the salad
- You can use any available or choice of veggies; important is Vinaigrette. It should taste sweet & sour and little bit spicy
- I have not mentioned quantities here since it totally depends on personal choice and availability
- Add avocado only on the day you are serving salad since it looses it’s color and texture
- But for avocado & vinaigrette, rest everything can be stored in the air tight container