Organic supply of farm fresh baby tomatoes, motivated me to try making healthy salad. Tomatoes were absolutely red in color, thin skinned, plump and sweet in taste. I mixed them with quinoa and cream cheese. Added cranberries, mint leaves and fresh coriander. At the time of serving, garnished with chopped almonds and few mint leaves. Continue reading Quinoa and Cherry Tomato Salad bowl
Abundance supply of fresh farm produce of slender cherry tomatoes, motivated me to try making this salad. Although, they were not absolutely red in color but they were thin skinned and sweet in taste. I roast them and added caramelize onions. To Quinoa, I thought to use up and stir in mascarpone cream cheese. Final topping of cranberries, almonds and dressing of hot & sweet sauce; gave this fresh salad a sweet and crunchy taste. Continue reading Roasted Cherry Tomato Quinoa bowl
This salad recipe is healthy eater’s dream. It is easy to make with available ingredients. It is high in protein, full of fibers, healthy fats and other important nutrients. I added dried cranberry & pomegranate to have juicy, sweet & sour taste to it. All these ingredients makes it a flavorful satisfying salad and equally light lunch. Make it a meal in itself by adding grilled cottage cheese steaks or herb rice to the platter or serve it alongside with main course.
Serving: Prepare portion according to the course of the meal.
Require: Large mixing bowl
I used 3 cups of cooked quinoa.
Other ingredients and it’s quantities are as per individual taste and availability. I used – avocado, finely chopped tomato, red green yellow bell pepper, fresh basil leaves, fresh mint leaves, dried cranberry & pomegranate.
Dressing: 2 tablespoons vinaigrette for 3 cups of quinoa or adjust as per taste. Make extra and store
Ingredients for vinaigrette:
- Lemon juice – 3 tablespoons
- Honey – 1 tablespoons
- Sugar – 1 teaspoon
- Olive oil – 1 tablespoon
- Paprika – 1 teaspoon or as per taste
- Pepper – 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt as per taste
Whisk all the ingredients together and store in refrigerator.
- Cook quinoa as per the instruction given on the box
- Mix all the ingredients softly in a large bowl. Keep it in refrigerator and toss vinaigrette just before serving. Garnish with mint leaves and pomegranate
Tips & Tricks:
- Serve cold
- Garnishing is important as it gives colorful appearance to the salad
- Garnishing with finely chopped almonds gives crunchiness to the salad
- You can use any available or choice of veggies; important is Vinaigrette. It should taste sweet & sour and little bit spicy
- I have not mentioned quantities here since it totally depends on personal choice and availability
- Add avocado only on the day you are serving salad since it looses it’s color and texture
- But for avocado & vinaigrette, rest everything can be stored in the air tight container