Organic supply of farm fresh baby tomatoes, motivated me to try making healthy salad. Tomatoes were absolutely red in color, thin skinned, plump and sweet in taste. I mixed them with quinoa and cream cheese. Added cranberries, mint leaves and fresh coriander. At the time of serving, garnished with chopped almonds and few mint leaves.
Time require: 20 minutes
Need: Mixing bowl
- Cherry tomato – 1 cup sliced into halves
- Quinoa – 2 cups cooked (as per cooking instruction given on the packet)
- Cream cheese – 2 tablespoons (I used Philadelphia cream cheese)
- Cranberries dried – 1 tablespoon
- Almond – 1 tablespoon chopped
- Hot & sour dressing – 2 tablespoons
- Mint leaves – 1 tablespoon chopped
- Cilantro leaves (fresh coriander) – 1 tablespoon
- Lemon juice -1 teaspoon
- Lightly mixed all the ingredients leaving almonds and dressing aside. Keep it refrigerated before serving
- At the time of serving, sprinkle dressing. Give it a light mix and garnish it with chopped almonds.
Tips & Tricks:
- You will find it difficult to blend cream cheese with quinoa. Not to worry. It will get mixed easily after adding dressing. Or I suggest, add one teaspoon of dressing at the time of first mix so that you can conveniently mix all the other ingredients
- Use any dressing of choice. It should be little spicy.
- Use any available cream cheese
- Add salt if require. Dressing already has salt so just check
- Serve cold
- Add few pieces of tomato for garnish