Grilled paneer wraps can also be called as Kathi roll or Frankie. Actually, it is simply any vegetables or kebabs wrapped in tortillas, Flat bread, chapati or parantha. Key is to add few more ingredients or spices to enhance the taste.
These delicious paneer rolls are super easy to make. Though I fixed these rolls from leftover grilled paneer, added few salad leaves, capsicum, spiced onion and served with green chutney. Here I will provide recipe with minimum spices and ingredients; and prepared in least of the time. Enjoy it with green chutney as a mid time meal, brunch or as a main course, it will remain a favorite at any time.
Cooking time: Grilling 20 minutes, making rolls 10 minutes
Recipe for: 1 big roll or 2 small rolls
Needs: grill pan or flat pan
- Paneer or cottage cheese – 250 grams cut into thick long pieces
- Hung curd – 2 tablespoons
- Flat soft bread – 1 large or 2 medium size
- Green chutney – 1 teaspoon
- Onion – 1 medium size sliced
- Capsicum green – 1 tablespoon sliced
- Salad leaves – 1/2 cup broken
- Red chilly powder – 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric – 1/2 teaspoon
- Garam masala – 1/2 teaspoon
- Chat masala – 1 teaspoon
- Cooking oil – 2 teaspoon
- Salt as per taste
- Mix hung curd, 1/2 teaspoon of chat masala and all the other spices. Add one teaspoon of oil and make a smooth paste. Gently coat all the paneer pieces with it and allow to marinate for 10 minutes
- Grease grill pan or flat pan. Cook and grill cottage cheese pieces on it. Gently turn sides. Add dash of oil in between for uniform color. It takes around 10 minutes.
- On the same pan, lower the heat and place any flat bread. Apply green chutney on bread and arrange grilled paneer pieces. Top it with cut vegetables, sprinkle salt and chat masala. Make a neat roll and secure with a tooth pick. Serve warm with green chutney and salad
Tips & tricks:
- Make sure that the wraps are not too dry. Use chutney or dip to keep it moist
- Bread should be soft and easy to roll
- It is difficult to roll hard bread. It breaks in the process.
- If in rush and paneer pieces are not grilled properly, it doesn’t matter just go ahead
- Instead of chutney, you can use any dip as per taste
- Any vegetables can be used
- Use grated cheese in wraps, it taste great
- If pan is hot and it is difficult to make roll, then do it on any flat surface and warm it later or just serve as is