A melange of sauces mixed to get this tasty glaze, which goes well with my new easy to make recipe – Grilled Cottage Cheese with Oriental Glaze. This one is a healthy option and can be enjoyed hot, any time of the day. Serve it as a salad or as an accompaniment, it is surely going to be hit. Add boiled or saute veggies alongside to make it a complete platter.
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Needs: Grill pan, mixing bowl
For the cottage cheese –
- Cottage cheese – 400gms cut into fingers, thick and rectangular
- Cooking oil – 2 tablespoon
For Oriental glaze –
- Black pepper sauce – 3 tablespoons
- Soy sauce – 3 tablespoons
- Tomato Sauce – 3 tablespoons
- Vinegar – 1 tablespoon
- Prepare oriental glaze or sauce by mixing all the ingredients.
- Pierce each cottage cheese fingers with long tooth picks. Marinate these fingers in 4 or 5 tablespoon of glaze for 10 minutes
- Heat grill pan and spread oil. Arrange cottage cheese fingers and grill them till brownish from both the sides. Use and brush extra glaze on fingers while they are grilling. This will give it better color and enhance it’s taste
- Remove and serve hot with oriental glaze
Tips & Tricks:
- Adjust taste of glaze according to liking. Increase proportion of pepper sauce if you like it to be hot and spicy. Recipe given is of medium spicy
- Give any shape to cottage cheese. Important is perfect grilling
- If serving as a meal with veggies, than I suggest to cut bigger rectangular pieces and avoid use of tooth pick
- I used tooth pick for ease of handling it while turning sides at the time of grilling and also because I served it as an appetizer.
- Keep it ready, partially grilled for later use