Very easy low calorie recipe of two citrus fruits. Grapefruit has very distinct tart taste and tangy flavor. It is mildly sweet and makes refreshing colorful salad when combines with orange. I prefer using pinkish grape fruit. The peppiness of mint leaves, with orange dressing enhance freshness. Garnish of crushed peanuts brings crunchiness to the salad.
Minty Orange Grapefruit Salad is full of fiber and other healthy nutrients. It is super doze of vitamin C. A bowl full of this salad is quite filling and is perfect as anytime snack or can be served as an appetizer. Plus, it is sweet enough to satisfy our sweet cravings without feeling guilty.
Servings for: 4
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Need: Mixing bowl and a deep small pan for preparing dressing
- Grapefruit – 3 cup segments broken in to small size
- Orange – 1 cup segments broken in to small size
- Mint leaves – 2 tablespoons chopped
- Roasted peanuts – 2 tablespoons crushed
- Orange juice – 4 tablespoons
- Sugar – 1 tablespoon
- salt and pepper – as per taste
- Mix grape fruit segments, orange segments and mint leaves. Refrigerate for one hour
- Stir and cook orange juice, sugar, salt and pepper in a deep pan till sugar dissolves. keep aside
- Just before serving, pour dressing and garnish with crushed peanuts
- Serve chilled
Tips & Tricks:
- Adjust proportion of segments as per taste. Increase the quantity of fruit of your choice
- All the other ingredients also can be combined as per individual choice.
- Use firm fruits for removing skin from the segments. It becomes easier
- Firm fruits gives appealing fresh appearance to the salad
- You can use any dressing of your choice
- Serve it cool
- This salad can be used next day if stored in refrigerator in an air tight container. It doesn’t get spoil, in fact it taste better next day.