My experiments involving cottage cheese is never ending. This one I tried is very easy and no fuss recipe. I grilled cottage cheese slices and sandwiched it with stir fried vegetables. Top it with any sauce of our choice for extra zesty flavor.
Grilled Cottage Cheese N Vegetable Triangles is rich in protein and makes excellent breakfast option. It can also be served as an appetizer or as a main course, just add a scoop of mashed potato or french fries to complete the platter.
Serving: for 2
Time require: 30 minutes
Cook on: grill pan or non stick frying pan
- Cottage Cheese or paneer – 8 even size big slices of any shape with thickness of thin slice of bread
- Vegetables – 3 cups sliced mix veggies – onion, baby corn, zucchini, red yellow and green bell pepper or any of our choice
- Oil – 1 1/2 tablespoons
- Barbecue sauce – 3 tablespoons
- Coriander – 1 tablespoon finely chopped
- Salt and pepper – as per taste
- Heat oil in a grill pan and stir fry all the mix veggies on high flame till little soft but crunchy.
- Switch off the heat. Add two tablespoons of sauce, salt and pepper. Remove it from the pan.
- Now, on the same pan, brush some oil. Grill cottage cheese slices by flipping the sides till slightly grilled. Also add chopped coriander while flipping the sides.
- Arrange stir fried veggies on one slice and close the sandwich with the other grilled cottage cheese slice. Press whole sandwich by spatula so that all the veggies are evenly spread.
- Remove sandwich from the grill pan. Cut in to triangles, and serve hot with barbecue sauce. Repeat the procedure with the remaining slices and vegetables. Eight slices of cottage cheese will make four sandwiches.
Tips & Tricks:
- Using little extra oil will make slices crispier and it helps in grilling
- Replace oil with butter while grilling the slices, it taste better
- Use grill pan for these triangles or normal frying pan is also fine
- Add salt to the vegetables only when it is cool. Do not cook with salt or else vegetables will turn soft and loose moisture
- It is little tricky to arrange veggies on slices, take care so you do not get burn
- These sandwiches can be prepared in advance. Before serving grill them and cut into desired shapes
- Black pepper sauce is also a good option for extra spicy taste