An another work with paneer….my favourite ingredient. It is a simple recipe of grilled paneer with chutney. And I made it further simpler by using frozen cubes of green chutney, which I always keep handy. We just have to marinate paneer cubes in green chutney and bake it till crisp. Sprinkle chat masala over it for chatpata (tangy) flavour; and the taste is irresistible.
Minty Paneer goes well as a starter or can be served as an appetizer. Make a meal by using it as filling with tortilla wraps by adding sliced raw onion and chat masala or enjoy on it’s own as a main course with roomali roti.
Cooking Time: 15 minutes for marination, 15 minutes for grilling – total 30 minutes
To cook in: griller, oven or tandoor
- Cottage cheese or Paneer – 2 cups, cut into big pieces
- Chutney – 3/4 cup or 5 cubes, approximately
- Chat masala – 1 teaspoon or as per taste
- Oil – 1 tablespoon
- Thick yogurt – 2 tablespoon
- salt & black pepper – as per taste
- Prepare marinade by mixing green chutney, salt, black pepper & yogurt.
- Marinate paneer pieces in this mixture and keep it in the fridge for almost 15 minutes.
- Remove and transfer marinated pieces in to a greased baking tray. Spray oil. Bake or grill on high temperature for almost 15 minutes or till chutney is little dry.
- Transfer in the serving bowl. Sprinkle chat masala and serve hot.
Tips & Tricks:
- We can avoid yogurt but than add extra teaspoon of oil to keep paneer pieces little moist
- We can add chopped onion in marinade. Onion taste great when baked
- Add any other vegetables of choice
- It is fast to cook it in tandoor that too without any surveillance