Hello friends…It has been a while since I last updated my blog. I was travelling; went to my favourite destinations in the Himalayas – Rishikesh & Mussoorie. Beautiful, divine destinations, feel like going and again. in fact, this was my second trip in the last 3 years. I love their local cuisine which involves many local ingredients which I am going to share later.
I will start with my favourite recipe – Cottage cheese slider…a easy & healthy starter. It’s main ingredients are cottage cheese and curd, which are rich source of proteins. So if you want to increase your protein intake then try this one. Add vegetables of your choice to make it a perfect healthy appetizer.
Recipe for: 2 persons
Cooking Time: 30 mins
Cooking vessel: Oven or Electric Tandoor
- Cottage cheese – 1 1/2 cups crumpled
- Hung curd or Greek yogurt – 3/4 cup
- Gram flour or besan – 1 tablespoon
- Green chilly – 1/2 teaspoon chopped or as per taste
- Ginger – 1/2 teaspoon grated or as per taste
- Spinach – 1/2 cup chopped & blanched
- Vegetables – thinly sliced mix veggies of choice for stir frying. I used – Red, yellow and green capsicum, baby corn, zuchini & red onion
- Barbecue sauce – 2 tablespoons
- Salt black pepper as per taste
- Mildly mix all the ingredients except spinach, salt, pepper and gram flour in a grinder. Remove in a mixing bowl
- Add gram flour. Squeeze out water completely from spinach and add to mix along with salt & pepper. Add more flour in case mix is not firm enough to make round flat balls. Do not make it too firm, it should be little softer than the other cutlet mixes.
- Make small round. Transfer them in a greased tray. Flatten and shape them into flat rounds by spatula or by using hand. Grill them in the preheated oven or in tandoor till roasted. It takes around 20 minutes to get perfect pinkish colour.
- Stir fry all the vegetables in olive oil. Add barbecue sauce. Garnish with salt & pepper.
- Serve hot sliders along with veggies.
Tips & Tricks:
- Texture of these sliders are soft so while grilling avoid changing sides or it will break
- Coat with bread crumbs to get better colour & crispiness
- Coating of bread crumbs makes it easier to turn sides if you decide to use frying pan
- We can grill them in frying pan if texture of slider is little firm
- Use any sauce with vegetables of our choice