Combination of ingredients are very unusual in this salad. I just worked with fruits & veggies available with me….and the result was quite satisfactory. My all time ready salad dressing came handy here and made my work easier. Fortunately, salad turned out quite tasty, crunchy and colorful. (For salad dressing please check my recipe for – Pear, Candied Walnut & Green Leafy Salad )
Serving for: 4
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Container: skillet and large bowl for mixing
- Watermelon – 2 cups, chopped into square pieces
- Tomato – 2 cups, chopped into square pieces similar to watermelon
- Onion – 1/2 cup or medium size, chopped into square pieces
- Cottage cheese – 1/2 cup, chopped into square pieces
- Walnuts – 1/2 cup, broken into half
- Salad dressing – 2 tablespoons
- Basil leaves – 2 tablespoons (optional)
- Iceberg lettuce – 2 cups, torn into big pieces
- Sugar – 1 teaspoon
- Olive oil – 1 teaspoon
- Add oil and sugar in a hot skilled. Slowly stir and cook walnuts,cottage cheese and onions till they are aromatic, pinkish and caramelized. Leave aside to cool.
- Mix all the other ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add caramelized ingredients and basil leaves. Stir lightly.
- Sprinkle salad dressing, toss and transfer into a serving bowl.
Salad is ready. Serve chilled.
Tips & Tricks:
- Salad taste better if served chilled
- Add caramelized stuff and salad dressing just before serving
- We can keep chopped veggies and watermelon ready in fridge
- Basil leaves can be replaced with mint leaves