I am writing this post after a gap of almost fifteen days. Got tied up with Diwali preparations…shopping, cleaning, socializing etc etc.
Still got time to venture in to trying few new finger snacks at this time of Diwali. Unfortunately, my mind was preoccupied and I forgot to click pictures. Luckily, I remembered to take a picture of my last try – Fig Treats...the easiest one. Although, it is not a new appetizer. I vaguely remember having it before….very tasty but very moist, it was topped with fresh mozzarella cheese. I didn’t like the texture and I wanted to try my way with readily available cheese and other ingredients. Surprisingly, it turned out quite tasty with least of the efforts.
Serving: Just 6 figs
Cooks In: Oven or Tandoor
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
1. Figs – 6 dried figs
2. Cheese – 1 tablespoon grated. I used processed cheese
3. Celery – 1/2 teaspoon
4. Paprika Powder – 1/2 teaspoon
5. Tabasco Sauce – 1 drop for each fig
- Wash dried figs. Soak in water for just 5 minutes. Remove and pet dry.
- Arrange in baking tray. Top them with cheese, a drop of Tabasco sauce, fresh celery and paprika powder.
- Bake in preheated oven till cheese melts and figs turns into little pinkish in color. It takes approximately 7 to 10 minutes.
Remove from oven and serve hot.
Tips & Tricks:
- We can use any available cheese.
- Instead of fresh celery use fresh coriander and sprinkle dried celery powder or any herb of our choice.
- I didn’t use any oil or butter but I guess just a brushing of oil or butter on fig will give a nice glaze.
- We can prepare it in advance and bake them at the time of serving.