This is a very interesting and easy to make recipe – just takes four simple steps. Quick to cook when you’re in a rush and with whatever is available in the kitchen. I didn’t have much choice of vegetable that day but for baby corn, spring onion and capsicum. Tomatoes and cottage cheese are always there in my kitchen as I find them very handy. In this recipe, I practically cooked all the ingredients together.
Desi Veggie Medley goes well with roomali roti or any Indian bread. Or, just make it little dry, roll it up like a tortilla wrap with onions and any sauce of your choice.
Serving For : 2 person
Cooking Time : 15 minutes
To Cook In : Skillet with lid
- Spring onions – 8 to 10 onions cut in to four pieces and springs to be chopped finelly
- Baby corn – 6 to 8 chopped into 1 inch pieces
- Cottage cheese – 3/4th cup cut in to pieces
- Tomato – 1 medium size chopped into cottage cheese size pieces
- Capsicum – 1/2 chopped in cottage cheese size pieces
- Tomato sauce – 2 tablespoons
- Red chilly sauce – 1 teaspoon (optional)
- Red chilly powder – 1 teaspoon or as per taste
- Sugar – 1 teaspoon
- Oil – 1 tablespoon any cooking oil
Salt as per taste, Fresh coriander for garnishing
- Heat oil in skillet. Add baby corn, onions, capsicum and stir fry for 5 minutes
- Now add tomato, cottage cheese, sauces and spices except greens of onions.
- Stir fry for a minute. Add half a cup of water and cook covered on slow heat for 5 minutes
- Open and add green, stir for 2 to 3 minutes. Switch of the heat and our Desi Veggie Medley is ready to serve.
Garnish with coriander and few chopped spring onion greens.
Tips & Tricks :
- This vegetable can be easily cooked at the time of serving meal. Just keep the ingredients ready.
- Any available vegetable can be used like red or yellow capsicum, zucunni, broccoli, cauliflower, boiled potato etc etc.
- It will look and taste best when freshly cooked.
- Preferably cut all the vegetables in similar size.