Very simple saucy vegetable with Paneer (cottage cheese) as a main ingredient. It goes well with Indian flat breads or can be enjoyed as a topping on bread or cracker.
Recipe for – 2 persons
- Paneer ( Cottage Cheese ) – 1 1/2 cup diced into cubes
- Onion – 1 cup chopped into big chunks
- Green Capsicum – 3/4 cup chopped into big pieces (optional )
- Tomato – 2 medium size chopped into big pieces
- Ginger & Green Chilly – as per taste ( optional )
- Sugar – 1 teaspoon
- Red chilly powder – 1 teaspoon
- Tomato sauce – 3 tablespoons
- Cooking oil – 2 tablespoons
- Salt as per taste & fresh coriander for garnishing
Cooking time : 15 mins
Cooking vessel – frying pan
- Heat oil in a pan and add chopped onion. Stire fry on high flame for 5 mins
- Add tomatoes and capsicum. Fry for another 5 mins.
- Now, add sugar, salt, red chilly powder, ginger, green chillies and 1/2 cup of water. Cook for 2 mins.
- Finally add tomato sauce and paneer cubes. Stire lighly and if required then sprinkle water. Cook covered for a minute.Saucy Vegetable is ready to serve. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves before serving.
Tips & Tricks:
- Keep the burners on high flame through out the process so that the vegetables remains chunky or else they will turn soggy.
- Baby corn also taste great if added at Step 2.
- Any available vegetable can be added at Step 2. I have tried by adding red and yellow capsicum in equal proportion.