I guess this is the easiest recipe to make healthy and all time favourite kababs. No frying and not much of chopping. I usually serve this with Roomali Roti, Mint yogurt dressing, chopped and caramalised onions. A change from the usual roti-sabji. Just roll the Kababs in the Roti along with some onions and yogurt dressing…and wholesome meal is ready to serve.
Makes 8 rolls (each 8 inch in diameter)
- Rajma (red beans) – 2 cups boiled
- Bread – 2 slices broken in to pieces
- Onion – 2 tablespoons finely chopped
- Potato – 2 tablespoons boiled and chopped
- Mix Vegetables – 2 tablespoons chopped. Carrot, French beans, Cauliflower, Peas (as per choice)
- Besan (Gram flour) – 2 tablespoon dry roasted on skillet
- Green chilly & Ginger – as per taste
- Coriander leaves – for garnishing
- Cumin powder roasted – 1/2 teaspoon
Salt, Black Pepper & Red chilly powder as per taste
- Soake one cup of rajma overnight. Boil in pressure cooker with salt for 3 to 4 whistle or till tender.Drain and allow to cool.
- Dry roast Besan in a skillet till it changes colour.
- Put all the ingredients in a grinder jar along with along with Rajma.Do not add salt, black pepper and roasted besan ( gram flour ).
- Grind coarsely. Do not make paste of the mixture.
- Transfer in to a mixing bowl. Add remaining ingredients along with chopped coriander leaves, salt and pepper.
- Mix well. Make flat Kabab rounds of 2 to 3 inches diameter. Grease skillet and fry Kababs by turning sides.Use drops of oil in between to get better colour and texture.
It will take approximately 10 minutes to get right reddish colour, roasted Kababs.
Cooking time : 30 mins
Tips & tricks :
- Shallow fry on medium flame to get right dark pink colour.
- All the ingredients are already cooked so increase heat incase of shortage of time.
- For Mint curd : Mix green chutney in greek yoghurt or in thick curd. Add salt,pepper, tobasco sause and a pinch of mustard sauce.
- For Roomali roti : Use normal thin wheat ( maida ) or whole wheat chapati. We can also use corn or wheat tortillas.
- For Caramalised onion : In a skillet heat one teaspoon of oil and add 1/2 teaspoon sugar. Once sugar changes colour to brown add finely chpped onion and saute till it becomes pinkish brown in colour.