I love to prepare this colourful Potato dish. It’s fast to cook and looks good when served. It goes well with Indian chapatis, tortillas and any type of bread.
Serving Size – For 2
To cook – in skillet; uncovered
Cooking Time – 7 mins
Potato – 2 Large boiled; cut lengthwise like Finger chips
Onion – 1 Large; chopped lengthwise
Tomato – 2 Large; chopped lengthwise
Green Chilly – 1; slit in length
Ginger – 1 inch piece grated or finely chopped
Sugar – 2 tsp
Tomato Ketchup – 2 tbsp
Red chilly powder – 1/2 tsp. (optional )
Oil – 2 tbsp
Salt to taste, Coriander/ Cilantro leave to Garnish
1. Heat oil in skillet and add diced Onion. Sauté on high flame for 1/2 mins or till light pink in colour.
2. Add Tomato, stir for a minute.
3. Now add diced Potato along with all the other ingredients and Tomato Ketchup.
4. Sprinkle fist full of water. Turn & mix well. Cook for another minute.
Tangy Potato is ready to serve. Garnish with fresh coriander / cilantro before serving
– Use of Red Chilly powder depends on personal taste.
– Very interesting variant to serve Tangy Potato is to roll it up in a Tortilla round. Dry roast the roll on the same skillet to make it crispy.
– We can replace potatoes with Tofu or Cottage Cheese.
– Add Capsicum Stripes for extra flavour. I have tried…it tastes good & adds colour.